1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 cups of frozen pre-chopped onions and peppers 1 package of chili spice mix
1 (28 oz) large can of tomatoes packed in juice
1 (28 oz) large can of kidney beans
1 lb ground turkey
1 11 oz can of corn, or frozen corn
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1. Warm olive oil in a 4 quart stew pot over medium heat. 2. Brown ground turkey, peppers and onions together.
3. Add spices.
4. Add tomatoes with juice to the pot.
5. Allow this mixture to cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Once 4 to 5 minutes have passed add the remaining ingredients.
Alternative ways of preparation
- Add low-fat or non-fat sour cream on top of your bowl of chili
- Add other vegetables your family will enjoy
- Sprinkle low-fat cheddar cheese on top