non-stick cooking spray
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 cup of 1% cottage cheese
1/4 cup nely chopped onion
1 cup of chopped broccoli or peas
2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
3 cups of cooked elbow macaroni
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1. Combine milk, cottage cheese, onion, and parmesan cheese in the blender. Blend ingredients together until smooth.
2. Place blended ingredients in a bowl.
3. Stir in elbow macaroni and broccoli or peas in a bowl with blended ingredients. 4. Add 1/4 cup of cheese.
5. Spray 1 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Add macaroni to sprayed dish.
7. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
8. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Congratulations! You have made a delicious family favorite with less fat and calories.
Alternative ways of preparation
Add bread crumbs on top of macaroni for an extra crunch
Add other vegetables your family will enjoy