OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
3 1/2 lb fryer chicken cut into 8 pieces
(or use pre-cut pieces of legs, wings, breasts)
2 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 1/2 tablespoons of white vinegar or lemon juice1 3/4 teaspoons of salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 1/2 cups of skim milk
1/3 cup dijon mustard
1. Combine milk and vinegar or lemon juice together in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes (this will be the buttermilk.)
2. Cut o all skin and fat on pieces of chicken.
3. Place pieces of chicken in a heavy duty cooking bag.
4. Then add buttermilk, garlic, mustard and salt to this bag.
5. Tightly seal and shake the bag.
6. Let bag sit for several minutes. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees.
8. Combine breadcrumbs, our and spices in a bowl.
9. Place chicken in breadcrumb mixture. Make sure it is evenly coated on both sides.
10. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place chicken pieces on baking sheet bone side up.
11. Cook for 20 minutes. Turn pieces of chicken over after 20 minutes and cook for another 20 minutes.
Sisters, if you prefer your original recipe, use that and add steps 8-11 for a lower fat version.