1 (3-to-3 1/2 lb) beef rump or chuck roast 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
4 potatoes, cut into eighths
1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
1 cup beef broth
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1. Trim visible fat from meat.
2. Rub all sides of meat with salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and paprika.
3. Place vegetables in bottom of a slow cooker. Pour broth over vegetables.
4. Place seasoned meat on top of vegetables.
5. Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken juices, remove meat and vegetables; keep warm. Turn control to high. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into cooker.
6. Cover cook on high 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
7. Serve with meat and vegetables.