1/2 lb smoked turkey leg
1 tablespoon house seasoning, recipe follows
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon hot red pepper sauce
1 large bunch collard greens
1 tablespoon butter
- In a large pot, boil 3 quarts of water, smoked turkey leg, house seasoning, seasoned salt and hot sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
- Wash greens. Remove stems. Stack leaves on top of one another and cut into slices.
- Place greens in pot with meat and add butter.
- Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
Alternative ways of preparation
Use turnip, mustard, or mixture of greens
Add seasoning to taste
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.