- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium tomato sauce or tomato juice 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked rice
- In an 8 cup microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine salsa, tomato juice, garlic, parsley flakes and black pepper.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Mix well to combine.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 5 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Place bowl on counter; uncover, and let set for 2 minutes.
- Mix well before serving.