- 1 English muffin
- 1 slice of low fat cheddar cheese 1 egg
- Spray a microwave dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Crack egg into the dish
- Whip egg with a fork
- Cover the egg with a paper towel and put dish into the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Toast english muffin with cheese in the toaster oven while your egg is cooking
- Once the egg has finished cooking, place the egg between the english muffin.
Congratulations! You have made a quick and easy sandwich that tastes better than any drive-thru sandwich. And, your sandwich has less fat and calories!
Alternative ways of preparation
- Use a bagel instead of an English muffin
- Top your sandwich with low-fat deli meat such as ham or turkey
- Add tomato
- Add mustard