2 pounds of sh llets
1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
1/4 cup fat-free or 1% buttermilk
2 drops hot sauce
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup cornflakes, crumbled or regular bread crumbs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 fresh lemon, cut in wedges
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Clean and rinse fish. Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
3. Combine milk, hot sauce and garlic.
4. Combine pepper, salt and onion powder with crumbs and place on plate.
5. Let fillets sit briefly in milk. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs.
Let stand brie y until coating sticks to each side of fish.
6. Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
7. Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
8. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.