1 10 oz. package of yellow Spanish rice
1 10 oz. can of canned premium chicken in water 1 can cream of reduced fat chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup frozen peas or finely chopped broccoli
1. Cook rice as directed but simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Drain water from canned chicken. Combine soup and chicken in bowl.
3. Add cooked rice to soup and chicken. Stir in 1/2 cup of milk, more or less, depending on consistency desired.
4. Cook uncovered in an ungreased casserole dish at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
5. If using onions, sauté onions in cooking spray for about ten minutes then add to bottom of casserole dish.
6. If you desire, you can top it with low-fat cheese and broil for about 5 minutes.
Alternative ways of preparation
Low-fat cheddar cheese